BodyBond PreNatal Fitness
Imagine going through your pregnancy feeling 100% confidant you are providing the healthiest environment possible for your growing baby AND simultaneously building strength for an easier labor, delivery and faster postpartum recovery.
When I was pregnant, I wanted to keep working out in a way that I knew was going to keep me strong through pregnancy’s frequent balance and weight changes. I also knew the benefits of working out during pregnancy: providing more life-giving oxygen to the baby, reducing stress and toxins, and strengthening my body for labor and delivery. Prenatal yoga was training me for the upcoming changes, mentally. Riding my bike all over Brooklyn was building cardiovascular strength but I couldn’t find a class that would train the muscles I needed specifically for pregnancy.
I popped in and out of a few “boutique” fitness classes claiming they could modify their workout to make it safe for pregnancy. I found a few classes giving modifications that were out of date. I also ran into a few terrified instructors who over- modified and made me feel like a porcelain doll. Every workout I tried was taking a workout that was developed for a non pregnant body and making it safe, but not training me to meet the needs of the very specific stage my body was going through at that moment.
So what does a pre/postnatal corrective exercise specialist, personal trainer and professional dancer do in that situation?
I developed my own workout and BodyBond was born!
PreNatal BodyBond is a workout developed for a woman during pregnancy. It’s designed to strengthen the muscles needed to support a changing body through pregnancy, aid in labor and make postpartum recovery easier.
This program is for you if:
- You are in the pre-conception stage: tracking your cycle, taking a prenatal vitamin, eating organic foods, making nutritious meals and working to get into the best shape of your life.
- You are currently growing a human and trying to make your body the healthiest home possible for your baby.
- You are eating clean, exercising regularly, trying to eliminate stress, and reading every pregnancy book you can get your hands on!
- You are feeling tired, overwhelmed and have anxiety about labor and delivery.
- You want to work out at the gym and take classes but you are worried about doing something that may harm your changing body or worse, harm the baby.
- You don’t know what exercises to avoid during pregnancy.
- You don’t know what exercises are important to incorporate during pregnancy.
- You love prenatal yoga but also want a good, sweaty workout to build and maintain strength while you are pregnant.
- You are busy with work and baby prep and don’t have time to hit the gym as often as you’d like.
- You want to work out but have been feeling sick your entire pregnancy.
- You feel like your regular workout classes aren’t the right fit.
- You want to build strength to feel strong for labor and delivery.
- You want your body to bounce back as quickly as possible.
Marathon runners invest 6-months of conditioning and training to run a marathon. A bride starts sweating a year in advance to fit into the perfect dress. Olympians train their entire lives for a 45-second event. Why don’t more expecting mothers prepare their bodies for the most physically demanding event of their lives?
Labor often takes between 10 and 20 hours for first time moms. The average marathon only lasts between 4-5 hours. You wouldn’t run a marathon without training would you?
Many women use their pregnancy as an excuse to “take it easy”. Yes, rest is important, but you also have to remember that in 40 weeks time, your personal fitness level will help you during labor, delivery, postpartum recovery and beyond.
It’s important to use these next 40 weeks to train wisely. Here are a few more reasons why:
- Exercising enables you to feel more strength and less pain during pregnancy.
- Your post-baby body recovery is faster.
- It wards off postpartum depression.
- You’ll experience improved mechanics during pregnancy. (If you aren’t moving correctly, you are making you and your baby vulnerable to falls and injury.)
- You will increase blood flow and oxygen to you and the baby.
- Less toxins will be delivered to the baby through the practice of diaphragmatic breathing.
- Working out strengthens delivery muscles that will help you and your baby during labor.
- You’ll be calmer and stronger during delivery. (This means there is less stress on the baby and an increased likelihood of following your birth plan.)
BodyBond was created with all of that in mind
PreNatal BodyBond educates and empowers you to exercise safely during your pregnancy.
PLUS you’ll receive these special bonuses!
A special invite to the private PreNatal BodyBond Facebook community to share your workouts with a group of like-minded women, ask questions and gain support throughout your pregnancy and postpartum recovery
A 15% off code for Bundled Organics Juices and Teas for pregnant and nursing moms
A $5 off code for Icon pee proof underwear (you’re going to love these after delivery)
What makes Joanie so qualified?
I hold a BA in Dance, danced for a professional modern dance company for 9 years, and worked in the fitness industry for over 10 years. I started with a Pilates certification and acquired more certifications as my love of fitness and understanding the body continued to grow. I’m a certified personal trainer through NCCPT, a board certified holistic health coach from IIN and certified as a Pre and Post Natal Corrective Exercise Specialist through Fit for Birth. I’m also the Co-Founder of NYC’s premiere fitness studio devoted exclusively to training women during pregnancy, FPC.
I exercised throughout my entire pregnancy, was strong enough to endure a difficult extended labor and made a full recovery after a C-section.
I’m not promising that working out during pregnancy will give you the pregnancy, labor and delivery of your dreams, (mine wasn’t at ALL what I had hoped for!) but it will make you feel strong in your body, more sound in your mind and more energized.
Movement in your body during pregnancy creates absolute magic.
Are you ready to start bonding with a body you love?
What’s this program worth?
If you were to book as in person training session with me, I would come to your home, we would discuss your pregnancy, address personal questions or concerns and I would give you a flash education on how to work out safety during pregnancy. We would talk about what to do to increase strength, what exercises to avoid, how to make modifications and then do a full body workout for an hour. The cost of that session would be…
What’s this program going to cost me?
You aren’t getting my one-on-one, undivided attention but I’m still coming into your home every time you press play. You are getting the same information on how to exercise safety throughout your pregnancy and you can go back and review it as often as needed. And you are getting 2 workouts to complement your high and low energy days. And most importantly, you’ll be gaining the confidence to walk into any class or do any of your favorite at-home workouts safely during your pregnancy. Additionally, you are getting a private online community of supportive women. And it’s all going to cost you less than it would for me to come to your home.
If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant at any point in the future, you want to know that you are moving with safety, gaining strength and preparing your body for the most physical event of your life.
BodyBond PreNatal was created for you to BOND with your body during this process, not obsess over how it is changing.
I want the movement in your life to ENERGIZE you instead of feeling drained all the time.
Take this magical time to fall in love with YOU and REVIVE your soul.
Let’s starting bonding together.