Nutrition & Fitness
for Athletes, Dancers & Movers
Eating for Energy Workshop
This 90-min workshop developed especially for dancers and athletes, builds confidence, self-awareness, intuition, and basic nutritional knowledge needed to optimize an athlete’s daily and professional life.
Participants learn the benefits of eating healthy while balancing a demanding training and performance schedule.
- the essential elements of building a nutritious meal
- foods that increase/decrease energy
- recovery foods
- healthy snacks
- label reading
- goal setting for making immediate changes in your health.
Please Contact me for workshop rates.
Valerie Green Dance Entropy
Grand Canyon University Dance Dept.
Science Teacher Sarah
PS261, Brooklyn, NY
Personalized Eating for Energy Coaching
Your one-on-one phone coaching sessions are customized to exactly what you need in order to increase your energy and enhance your performance.
- Consultation and goal setting
- Exploration of foods that increase energy
- Creation of an armory of healthy, easy, travel friendly meals
- Stress management techniques to bring more calm and ease into your day
- Nutrition controversy education on how to navigate the health, fitness and food industry
- Guidance on pursuing your own personal goals.
- Email, text and phone support
- My personal commitment to your health and success
Eating for Energy Coaching Program includes:
A Complimentary Consultation
3 Phone Wellness Coaching Sessions
Please Contact me for rates.
Personalized Body Assessment and Cross Training Plan
Cross training should be a top priority for every athlete. In your training, we’ll address your specific muscular imbalances and the core fundamentals needed to strengthen, rebalance and enhance your performance as an athlete.
- Increase self-esteem
- Manage a healthy weight
- Reduce aches and pains during/after a workout
- Re-establish proper posture, alignment, and muscular balance
- Address problems with chronic injuries
Initial Video Training Package Includes:
60 min consultation to assess muscular imbalances and/or discuss your personal goals
60 min workout
Customized cross training plan
Please Contact me for rates.
*In person training is available in certain neighborhoods of Brooklyn, NY. Contact me to inquire!
Joanie Johnson, CHC, CPT holds a B.A in dance from Slippery Rock University and is an AADP board certified holistic health coach through the Institute of Integrated Nutrition. She holds certifications as a Pilates Mat Instructor, TRX trainer, Pre/Post Natal Corrective Exercise Specialist, and is a Thailand certified Thai Massage practitioner.
She danced and toured professionally with HT Chen and Dancers in NYC for 9 years and teaches various dance, nutrition and fitness workshops to adults and children throughout the country. She believes in everyone’s right to live an active, healthy lifestyle and enjoys educating others to obtain optimal wellness through movement, fun and nutrition!